LOTRG Forums

LOTRG Forums (http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cinema (http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Whatever happened to Haleth, son of Hama? (http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9370)

Slowedyourmind 03-12-2004 01:46 AM

Whatever happened to Haleth, son of Hama?

You know, that androgynous boy that Aragorn gives his "there is always hope" speech to in TTT pre-Helm's Deep battle. You see him on the walls of the Hornburg when the old man shoots the Uruk-Hai soldier, but he is never shown that I can find after the battle.

Irmo 03-12-2004 02:17 AM

Its funny you mention it, but last time I watched TTT with my friend, I asked the same question. I can only assume, saddly enough, he was killed. :(

JC-KY-2K 03-12-2004 05:44 AM

killed may not be the case , he could of just wussed out

Shieldmaiden 03-12-2004 10:17 AM

I've often wondered that myself. It would've been nice to have some sort of resolution (even just to see him in the background of some other shot).

kruekutt 03-12-2004 10:19 AM

Mayhap the ROTK EE will hold a solution.

Either that, or we get to keep speculating ...

The Duck 03-12-2004 10:54 AM

My guess is that he survived, and opened up a fish & chip shop in the Westfold.

Tomalak 03-12-2004 02:15 PM

Dead. Living with his dead daddy in Valinor, or wherever Eorl's people go when they die - the big stable in the sky.

ImmortalKings 03-12-2004 05:05 PM

I think he ran back to the glittering caves to his mommy once the Uruk's showed up. ;)

Shieldmaiden 03-12-2004 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomalak
Dead. Living with his dead daddy in Valinor, or wherever Eorl's people go when they die - the big stable in the sky.

...Gross... :(

Irmo 03-12-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shieldmaiden
...Gross... :(

Wait....shieldmaiden doesnt like stables? One of these things is not like the other hehe (sorry had to tease here, you rock shieldmaiden hehe :) :D )

Shieldmaiden 03-12-2004 05:17 PM

Silly Irmo. :) Shieldmaiden likes stables just fine. It was just the bluntness of "with his DEAD daddy"... Eww... Kind of gave me the heebie-jeebies. Poor kid. :(

Irmo 03-12-2004 05:22 PM

Quote:

Silly Irmo. :) Shieldmaiden likes stables just fine. It was just the bluntness of "with his DEAD daddy"... Eww... Kind of gave me the heebie-jeebies. Poor kid. :(

I know lol poor mauled half eaten Hama must not be the pretties picture for his son to see when he enter's the big Edoras in the sky. I still wish Hama would have made it to Helms Deep, I love Hama!!! :o

Rik 03-12-2004 05:30 PM

I assumed that when everybody fell back to the keep, they sent any kids into the caves to wait it out or whatever.

Shieldmaiden 03-12-2004 05:31 PM

Hama rules! I love the little roll of the eyes he gives when Gandalf doesn't want to give up his staff at the doors of Meduseld.

I can't wait for the figure. :)

I hope Haleth did survive the battle of Helms Deep and went on to continue his family line. That's what I like to think.

Fly You Fools 03-12-2004 08:13 PM

Hopefully he took a pike from a Berserker. :p I always hated that scene, it's one of the few that I do not like from the trilogy... written so nicely, acted beautifully by Viggo, and ruined by that sorry excuse for an actor that played Haleth. Same thing with the children who flee the initial attack of Isengaard to warn Edoras, a scene ruined by the poor acting of that little girl.

Fingolfin 03-12-2004 08:18 PM

Maybe Haleth and the other children's bacon was spared when the Elves showed up. You would think, no? There's child labor laws, there has to be child slain-bor laws too!

Tomalak 03-12-2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

Time to face facts - he ain't coming back. You've got to be cruel to be kind.

Agent23 03-12-2004 09:14 PM

Hama is the one who is bitten/eaten by the Warg correct?

Samwisethebrave 03-12-2004 09:29 PM

Yup. I don't know about Haleth, but I think he probably either:

Was killed in the first waves of attack.

OR

Made it onto the caves (we saw a shot of him throwing rocks on the Uruks, so he probably was alive until they pulled back into the keep).

I think the second is more logical.

King Returned 03-12-2004 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwisethebrave
Yup. I don't know about Haleth, but I think he probably either:

Was killed in the first waves of attack.

OR

Made it onto the caves (we saw a shot of him throwing rocks on the Uruks, so he probably was alive until they pulled back into the keep).

I think the second is more logical.

Aw, he probly got pulled over the walls by the ultra strong fighting uruk-hai hou! And then he landed flat on an uruk pike through his chest jkjkjkjkjk. , He probly was killed though.

Gimli88 03-13-2004 02:03 PM

Haleth didn't flee the battle. You can see him standing next to the old guy who shoots the first arrow. So, nobody really knows for sure about his fate. I would assume that he lived, because it looked like he was closer to the Hornburg than the Deeping Wall.

Fellowship 03-13-2004 04:15 PM

I think he survived. It would be horrible if Haleth ended up dead (same as Hama).

Galhadrad 03-14-2004 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fellowship
I think he survived. It would be horrible if Haleth ended up dead (same as Hama).

Yeah, I agree - I think for narrative purposes he'd survive. Aragorn shows some affection (although affection with Aragorn often leads to a violent death - Boromir, Haldir, Théoden...) and says:
"This is a good sword, Haleth, son of Hama...There is always hope."

I like to think the embodyment of that hope if Haleth surviving against the odds (10,000 fighting Uruk-Hai) and later becoming one of the Eomer King's loyal subjects.

Already mentioned is the fact that when the Deeping wall was breached, Haleth and several others (including one portly spear-thrower) are seen above the Hornburg's gate and so presumably flee to the caves ere the dawn broke and the keep was taken.

Remember...there is always hope!

King Returned 03-14-2004 09:00 PM

now it's time to crush all hope....... he was landed on an uruk pike and the uruks ate him off of the pike like a kabob. Ok I know i'm sick but i need some comedy relief with it being Sunday and I have to go fail a math test tomorrow. Now a happy ending. He fled like the baby he is to the caves and survived and died a happy and unimportant man at 87 or somethin like that and everyone was happy. But are you?

Samwisethebrave 03-14-2004 10:47 PM

As Cyrano de Bergerac put it: It's better to die with honorable steel piercing your heart than to die in comfort on your deathbed.

Don't know about that but it's food for thought. :D

Chino the Geek 03-14-2004 10:56 PM

I saw Haleth yesterday at TRU buying all the Toybiz figs. He's now a scalper on Ebay. :)

ThaBadMan 09-18-2009 08:55 PM

Re: Whatever happened to Haleth, son of Hama?

About Haleth I do not know, but Hama on the other hand died at Hornburg not in the warg attack.
In the movie he dies at the warg attack, but in the books he dis at the battle for the gate in Hornburg:
Háma was present at the Battle of the Hornburg, and died defending the gates of Helm's Deep. He was buried at Helm's Deep after the battle.

Heres the article: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/H%C3%A1ma

marybluefairy 09-20-2009 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaBadMan
About Haleth I do not know, but Hama on the other hand died at Hornburg not in the warg attack.
In the movie he dies at the warg attack, but in the books he dis at the battle for the gate in Hornburg:
Háma was present at the Battle of the Hornburg, and died defending the gates of Helm's Deep. He was buried at Helm's Deep after the battle.

Heres the article: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/H%C3%A1ma

welcome and thanks for the info! :)

ThaBadMan 09-20-2009 08:39 AM

Thanks and np ;D